This will be my 14th year in District 56. I started teaching at old Gurnee Grade School and then River Trail School. I am excited to start at my new position at Viking Middle School. I am a graduate of Carthage College in Kenosha. My wife is a principal in Buffalo Grove and we live with our two dog and two cats. In my spare time I enjoy being active:running, weight lifting, playing sports.
I am also the 8th grade boys basketball coach and have been involved in that for 14 years as well.
Characteristics of Successful Learners Rubric
You go above and beyond what is expected of grade level expectations. Examples of this may include your willingness to help others out and working together as a community.
This is where I expect you to be.
Daily you :
· Arrive to class and be in your squad on time
· (With gym uniform on)
· Complete the warm-up activities-jogging the full 5-6 minutes and exercises
· Participate in class in a respectful manner
You are: respectful, responsible, productive and safe.
You occasionally fall into any of these categories:
· Arriving to class and your squad late
· Do not dress for gym (prepared for class)
· Have difficulties avoiding side conversations with peers in squads
· Need reminders about productivity during warm-up and gameplay
You usually fall into any of these categories:
· Arriving to class late
· Not dressed for class
· Talking in your squad during instruction
· Daily reminders from the instructor to be productive during games and warm-up
Before reaching this level, conversations between parents, student and/or administrators will occur.
· Student is aware of behavior and shows no desire or motivation to make better choices.